Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Love 'til it Hurts

I opened up my bible this morning, like any good spiritual Christian would do.  Not having a reading plan but just open it up and begin reading where my eyes landed.

So here's what I read, "Be imitators of God, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

My heart lept.  As if a defibrillator just shocked my heart.  But it felt kinda good.  It was a good hurt, as my late Aunt Donna used to say.  (She was a massage therapist and would massage so deeply that it would kinda hurt).

But maybe that's the point.  Massage the word in so deeply that it kinda hurts.

AND what would happen if we truly got this?

But THE only way is for us to feel it.  But it can't be barely felt.  Or a brush by ya so fast that I didn't even know I was touched.  It must make an impact on us.

So...

What if we would
Be imitators of God.
As dearly loved children.
Not as throw aways.  Not orphans.  But dearly loved.
And live a life of love.
Just as...
Christ loved us...Oh do you feel that love?
He gave Himself up.  Willingly.  No one had to force Him.
For us.  For us orphans.
So that we could become dearly loved children.
As a fragrant offering.  Fragrant.  Pleasing.
Yet sacrificially.  It had to mean that something was being given up.
Like it had to hurt.
And it did.

So therefore we must do the same.
Constantly laying our lives down for each other.
As a fragrant offering.
Not a stinky, I don't wanna do this offering.
But a beautiful smelling rose kind of offering.
The kind that makes you wanna smell it over and over again.


Constantly laying.
Constantly bowing.
Constantly submitting.
Constantly dying.

Constantly.

Lord help us to feel Your word so deeply that we get this truth.


Peace and Love,
Julie