Monday, January 11, 2016

R.I.P. David Bowie

I was so intrigued by him growing up. He was strange looking to my young, American eyes.  I had never seen anyone like him.  And yet his audacious style was more like art. 

Living art. 

Now that I'm older, having watched him throughout the years over social media, only seeing glimpses of who he was.  But I think that's just it, we see people in small glimpses, not fully.  

But him. The art that he projected was beautiful.  It was wild.  Not predicable.  Much like a kaleidoscope.


We were privileged to see the different facets of it over the years.  His art showcased creativity at its finest.  He himself was the canvas.  It pushed the boundaries and challenged our ideas of was acceptable and what wasn't. 

But that's the beauty of a true artist.  They create what They love, what inspires them, and in turn it inspires us to take risks to do what we love.  

Not for anyone else but for the artist themselves.  

Early in his career he made a promise and with certainty, I'm pretty confident he stayed true to that promise.


Thank you that it was never boring.


R.I.P David Bowie


Peace,
Julie