Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Deep in My Bones

It's been awhile since I've written you all. But this is something I had to share.

When I do post on here many of my topics are about the things I'm struggling with, which love is at the top of the list. However, I saw something today on Instagram from L.R. Knost. The things she shares are inspiring and challenging, and although I don't know her personally, I feel a kindred heart to hers.

Today her post was about Fear, and as I my eyes were taking in each line it resonated so deeply within me I felt it deep in my bones. It's like I haven't been able escape it. It seriously has stayed with me all day long.

Please go look her up, she has many valuable posts about life and love and parenting, AGH and so much more.  But I simply can't wait for that so I must share it here as well.


"Punishment, or the threat of punishment, may produce better behaviors, at least temporarily, but does it produce better humans?
The driving force behind threats and punishments is fear...
fear of being hurt, fear of being isolated, fear of being rejected, fear of being confined, fear of loss, fear of being unloved.
But fear deactivates the executive functions of the brain where higher forms of thought such as logic, self-control, and reason are processed.
Fear activates the primal function of the brain which is instinctual instead of intentional, driven by the survival instinct into the fight, freeze, or flight response.
Fear strips the humanity from humans, leaving only base self-preservation as the driving life-force.
Stripping the humanity from humans does not create better humans.
At all stages of life, no matter the circumstance, no matter the problem being faced, better treatment produces better humans.
Human kindness begets human kindness. Human goodness begets goodness. Peace begets peace.
At its roots, human nature is an elegantly simple equation. Input equals output." L.R.Knost

Isn't that amazing?!?! This speaks volumes of truth.

It validates every single person that has felt any kind of inhumane treatment. Thank you for validating us. Thank you for showing us that kindness, goodness, and peace are the true pathways to better humans.

In the lingo of my teenage daughter, Goals.

Peace and Love,
Julie