Thursday, November 10, 2016

I Will Never Leave You


God's looking for a people who will be His representatives and offer the same to those in trouble. He doesn't shame them, blame them, or interrogate them, He comes alongside of them.


He showed us in the story of the Good Samaritan. Did it matter how the man fell into the hands of robbers? No it didn't. But there he was, naked, beaten, and lying there half dead. 
Two prominent members of church saw him, apparently was close enough in proximity to chose to pass by on the other side . I wonder if he was conscious enough to know they did this? 

So here we have multiple religious folk looking the other way. How many times have we done the very same thing? I did with my friend Jennifer 20 plus years ago. Shame on me. She wasn't a Christian and I could have been the hands and feet of Christ to her. It was easier to pretend she wasn't in a mental institution than be present with her in her sufferings. I'm sure she felt alone and afraid. I was a young, immature Christian who only had eyes for the church building. Basically it was the idol I worshipped for 20 years. smh

Was it karma that my beloved church did the same thing to me all these years later. Was I so disgusting to them that they couldn't look me in the face and bind up my wounds? What a big lesson for me to learn. And it's something I've committed to rectify. I don't want anyone to feel alone again. No matter how dirty and morally wrong their act was. Love covers. But it not only covers, he enters into our trouble and saves us.

Isaiah 43:2-2 perfectly paints the picture.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, Your God, the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior.

I'm so grateful for the Good Samaritans in my life. God Bless them. And for those who left, who walked to the other side. I hope the story you've helped spread will be turned into a motion picture. I've heard a doozy lately. More juicier than the original sin. I certainly don't take lightly the things I've done but come on, be a good Christian and shut your mouth. 

Okay ya'll, Peace & Love,
Julie